Monday, April 30, 2012

{Memory Monday - Take Two}

This week I'll be recounting some Iron Thistle Scottish Festival memories, since it was Kellen's first Scottish fest!

Shaun and I took Kellen out to the festival all three days, and he did great...apart from the biggest diaper blowout he's ever had. I figure I can forgive him that!

I was afraid I wouldn't really wouldn't be able to do much dancing, but I ended up doing seven dances (I think. I kind of lost count). Then Lauren and I took some time on Sunday to work on our Hornpipe and Bluebonnets! It's so much fun to have another dancer to work with again. It's also fun to come offstage and give my sweet baby kisses!

We got to watch some great bands this weekend, including Scotland Rising, Flowers of Edinburgh, and Beyond the 9. During all this we discovered that Kellen is really good at sleeping through bagpipe music. I hope he outgrows that by the time he goes to OSAS (Ohio Scottish Arts School)! The morning wake-up call is given by a piper every morning at camp. By the way...he WILL go to OSAS, whether as a dancer, piper, or drummer. Any of those would be acceptable!

On a more serious note, I learned a valuable lesson this weekend. A creepy guy in his 50s or 60s who shows up at EVERY Scottish festival in Oklahoma and practically stalks us dancers was there, as usual, and I happened to mention him to an off-duty police officer who was volunteering at the gate. He told me that if someone gives me the creeps, I'm probably right to be creeped out. I pointed out Mr. Creepy Guy, and as it turns out the cop, who tracks down child predators, knew him. He's a registered sex offender who wasn't even supposed to be allowed at such events. I've definitely learned to trust my instincts! If someone seems off, there's probably a reason.

This weekend was loads of fun and I'm sure I've left out most of the good stuff, but I'm exhausted! I'm sure I'll have more to add later. :)

Photo compliments of Dustin Cooper. Shaun was being Sasquatch :D

One of my fave OK pipers, John Imes, decided he could play sitting down. You don't see that every day!

I forgot to bring swords, so an audience member loaned Lauren a pair lol

This is what Kellen did most of the weekend!

All About Irish dance troupe! Little Keyara (bottom left) performed for the first time. I remember when she was just a baby being held by her mom as her siblings performed!

No comments:

Post a Comment