Monday, April 23, 2012

Memory Monday

This week I'm starting a new tradition: Memory Monday! Each week I'll share a few things I'm filing away in the memory bank as great moments with family and friends. :)

Over the weekend Shaun and I got to hang out with our honorary brother Tyler, who happens to be one of our very favorite people! He is a sweetheart and we don't get to see him nearly enough.


For those of you who don't know Tyler Carter, he happens to be one of the greatest singers I've ever heard live. Don't believe me? Then click here (just a heads up to all my readers...kinda risque lyrics). He started out as the clean vocalist in Woe, Is Me and is currently on tour as a solo act.


Anyhoo, Tyler got to meet his [honorary] nephew and we got to meet his band/crew - Matt, Case, Joe, Ty, and Shelby. They're all pretty sweet! It's always great to meet musicians and people in the music industry who are nice. And hilarious too. While we were all standing around behind the venue, Ty found a shirt in a puddle that he wanted to keep. Everyone else said it was a stupid shirt, so next thing you know Tyler's pitching it in a tree while yelling "O'Doyle rules!" Case did a little tree climbing to retrieve the shirt, and while he did band members threw gravel at him while chanting "stone the emo kid!"



That's probably one of those "you had to be there" stories, but I thought it was hysterical. It reminded me of all the ridiculous moments I had with friends in college. Sometimes I miss doing completely random things like, say, blowing stuff up with fireworks or leaving a city kid (I'm looking at you, Jeremy!) in the woods while snipe hunting. But I digress.

All in all, it was a great weekend for the Ladymons! We've kind of been recluses for the past 6 weeks, so it's good to have some interaction with fellow humans. :) I also had some plans to go to the zoo, but we didn't know til we got there that they were having a special event and there would be more people there that you could possibly imagine. Since we are, as I mentioned, recluses, we left. Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment