South by Southwest and South by So What are just around the corner (not to mention the fact that I'm already looking forward to Warped Tour), and it's time to pack those festival essentials! I've gotten so I barely even have to think about what to pack anymore, thanks to a formula I stick to religiously. Here are some of my fave items to take!
1. Covergirl concealer - Makeup melts pretty fast when you're out in the sun, so I keep it simple. Concealer is a quick fix to hide the fact that I'm completely sleep deprived, and it packs in my purse easily for touch ups.
2. JK Jemma Kidd Stain/Flush/Blush Makeup Concentrate - A pretty flush rounds out my makeup essentials and is my other secret weapon against a sleepy, bedraggled face. Jemma Kidd's is my fave since it's easy to apply with my fingers and comes in a tiny and packable package!
3. Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer - As a complete pale face, I turn into a crispy lobster lookalike if I don't use moisturizer with a bit of sunscreen in it. Skin protection or bust!
4. Small over-the-shoulder bag - I've got a trusty purse that goes on all my festival adventures with me. It has enough pockets to stay organized, and can fit a camera and a snack despite its diminutive size. Don't forget to throw some hand sanitizer in there!
5. Sunglasses - I always feel like a nerd when I forget my sunglasses. Let's face it, no one wants to go around squinting at everything!
6. Cheap, dark skinnies - Since I somehow always manage to spill something or get something spilled on me at festivals I'm a huge advocate of wearing a $10 pair of dark skinnies from Forever 21. They're stretchy, comfy, and won't induce tears if you ruin them.
7. Toms - Without comfy shoes it's awfully hard to enjoy days full of music! Ignore the urge to wear those cute sandals and go for cuteness and functionality. Your feet will thank you!