Tuesday, May 1, 2012

{Thankful Tuesday - Take 4}

It's that time again! Today I'm thankful for...

1. Haircuts. Seriously. My hair was driving me nuts - in my face all the time, impossible to fix...you get the picture. I'd been admiring Emma Watson's short hair for quite a while and finally decided to try it. Photos to come soon!

2. My sweet baby's laugh. It can brighten any day and is the most adorable sound in the world!

3. My husband's help. Shaun is always there to help me get everything done AND keep my sanity. Earlier this evening my sweet boy decided to go on a crying spree (never really figured out the reason. I think he was just super-tired and resisting sleep), and after a while of me walking around with Kellen and bouncing him up and down with no luck, Shaun took over so I could have a break. It's nice to know I'm never alone in this whole parenthood thing! :)

4. My Scottish heritage. At the Kirkin' of the Tartan on Sunday (that's a Scottish church service to you confused readers out there) the preacher reminded us of the time during the Act of Proscription when Scots weren't allowed to wear their family tartans or do anything associated with their cultural heritage. They were so dedicated to their family identities that they would secretly take scraps of their tartans to the pastors to be blessed. I'm so proud to be a part of a people who refuse to be crushed by persecution!

5. Hospital refunds. I received a bill that didn't make sense, so I called the account services number at the hospital, and they told me that I was actually owed a rather large refund! I don't quite understand how this mix-up occurred, but I'm glad to get some money back!

No comments:

Post a Comment