Tuesday, February 1, 2011

No day like a snow day!

There's no day like a snow day! Shaun and I worked from home today, since we currently can't get out of the driveway. Right now there's a seven foot snowdrift ending on top of Shaun's truck, and if I can ever get out the front door I'll take a photo of it!


Our back yard is always gorgeous in the snow. We've got some snow drifts that the dogs are all too willing to plow into, leaving them with snow beards and icy feet!



Meanwhile, the view out our front door is pretty too. I guess the dogs concur...


 ...because they'll sit and watch the windblown snow as long as we let them!


One of the best parts of working from home is the chance to enjoy a cup of hot tea in my Tinker Bell mug and watch Dorian Gray, The Hound of the Baskervilles, and Northanger Abbey. Yep...I'm a sucker for BBC and English literature.



Last but certainly not least, lunch was fantastic! I made chicken vegetable rotini. Many of you probably know that I'm that perpetual five-year-old who can't stand any soup other than chicken noodle. I'm weird, I know. Anyhoo, I dipped into the snacks we save for when we watch the foster sisters and ate some of their Club Mini Crackers. Every time I pick one up I feel like a giant. Nom nom nom...

Days like today probably seem boring to everyone else, but sometimes I like to enjoy a quiet day full of comfort foods and classic tales. It prepares me for the rest of the crazy work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment