Thursday, February 24, 2011

Today's small tale of woe

I've been feeling under the weather for a few days now, and today it all culminated in me taking a sick day from work. In my grouchy state, there was little to improve my mood.

I had ONE thing to look forward to today, and nothing else would do. That one thing happens to be a Woe, Is Me and Stheart collab hoodie. This hoodie:



Nothing else in my rainy, grumpy world could perk me up. Nothing. I couldn't remember whether it was coming USPS or UPS, so I waited patiently for the mail and UPS trucks to come, peering out the front door every now and then in anticipation.

Finally I heard a thump outside the front door. Success! I hurried out the front door in my pj pants and baggy shirt, grabbed the box from the porch, and ran inside.

In my glee I ripped open the box. And when I say ripped, I mean carefully opened. I didn't want to tear my awesome new Stheart hoodie.

Anger. Sadness. More grumpy feelings.

Inside the box rested not my hoodie, but a pair of shoes. Shaun's new pair of shoes, to be exact. I sat down, frustrated, mumbling made-up curse words under my breath.

My only hope then lay in the hands of the United States Postal Service. Never before had I needed to put so much trust in the hands of a government service. Despite my reservations, I was sure they wouldn't let me down.

A little while later I pulled on my polka-dot rain boots over my shamrock pjs, grabbed a jacket, and headed toward the mailbox, scanning the neighborhood for possible witnesses. I reached the mailbox, my heart pounding, and found a package within!

I rushed into the house once again, tore open the package, and pulled out...two limited edition Arkaik shirts that Shaun and I had ordered a while back. Not my hoodie.

All hope lost, I flopped on the couch, weeping tears of agony. My hoodie would not make it in time to wear for casual Friday at work.

After some brief research, Shaun found that my beloved Stheart hoodie had been misrouted and should have been in my hands by now. Yet again, a government service failed me. So much anticipation, and so little reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment