Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pride & Peaches

There is something you must know about me. I love Pride and Prejudice with all my 24-year-old heart. Jane Austen, in my opinion, is one of the cleverest writers of all time. She could make a simple description of a house witty and entertaining.

 Colin Firth. Le sigh.

I love all things Austen, but P & P holds a special place with me because Elizabeth Bennet has spunk that can't be rivaled, and let's face it: Darcy makes girls everywhere sigh longingly. I first read P & P in my 11th grade AP English Lit class, where we lovingly referred to it as Pride & Peaches. By the end of the book even the guys in our class were grudgingly admitting that the story line isn't all that bad.

Fast forward to today, and I'm lucky enough to have married the ONE man in the world who can retain his masculinity while thinking P & P is actually quite funny. He prefers the Keira Knightley version and I think Mr. Collins is his favorite character.

That's this guy. Cringe-worthy.

For Christmas Shaun even bought me the BBC Jane Austen boxed set. We've watched approximately 10 hours worth of Jane Austen's stories, and he hasn't complained yet. I'm so proud!

 That's right, I posted someone's fan art. Deal with it.

If you haven't already, I highly suggest making a reading of Pride and Prejudice a Valentine tradition. It'll have you sighing with thoughts of Bingley and Darcy in no time :)

"You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment