Sunday, January 29, 2012

B-b-b-birthday!

Yesterday I turned 25. It's my last birthday before Shaun and I add a member to the family! Somehow it really snuck up on me this year. Mom called me on Thursday and asked if she and Dad could take us out to Logan's on Saturday, and it took me a few seconds to figure out what the occasion was. Must be getting senile in my old age! ;)

To kick off the celebration, Shaun and I went to Abuelo's for lunch and split their amazing dessert nachos. Did I mention they don't sing or embarrass you for your birthday? It's amazing. :) After that we stopped by the mall in search of a pretty sweater to wear to my February 4th baby shower (no luck), but Shaun didn't let me stay too long. He hustled me home, muttering something on and off about how I should take a nap. Sure, as a pregnant lady I am totally down with naps, but I wasn't sure why he kept insisting I rest before dinner. Totally made sense later, however!

Shaun knows my distaste for traditional birthday parties. Don't get me wrong, I like birthday parties for other people, but in the last few years I've grown to dislike having a party for myself. So this year, Shaun took it on himself to give me the kind of party I would like, and I must say he did a good job!

Mom and Dad took us to Logan's for dinner, leaving a key hidden so some of my friends could sneak into the house. I don't know if Shaun and my parents are super-sneaky or if I'm just so oblivious that I didn't notice anything was up, but I had no idea what was going on til people jumped out of the kitchen yelling "surprise" lol.

On that subject...I do not have a good surprised face! I later said that I just don't get surprised very much anymore, but that's a poor way of wording it. Truth is, I get surprised, I just don't show it very well! I blame the fact that I'm always slightly sleepy. :)

Anyhoo, we did two of my favorite things: sat around chatting and playing Catchphrase. I think Kacie, Jenn, Emily and I could go pro as a Catchphrase team! You know, if pro Catchphrase existed. I think we need to have game nights from time to time, because that was loads of fun. It's also nice being able to catch up with people I hardly ever see! I think I must be a hermit or something.

All in all, a very good birthday. The best I've had in a while! I said that about Christmas too, and I must say I like this trend. Let's keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment