Thursday, July 8, 2010

Further From Myself

I really don't know what to write about tonight, but I do feel the urge to write something, so here goes:

* Shaun and I came up with an idea for a short lesson series in 20something that has been on our hearts for a while, and I'm really excited about it. Seriously, I'm so excited that I find myself daydreaming about things we need to remember to put in the lesson plan instead of paying attention to rather important things. I won't tell what the idea is yet...it's a secret!


* I've been working at an amazing company for 90 days now. I'm so blessed. The people I work with are wonderful, and the opportunities I've been afforded are once-in-a-lifetime.


* I've been reminded of an old Pillar song a lot lately. It's called "Further From Myself," and whenever I'm being selfish it always seems to pop into my head. Part of the lyrics say "and I admit that when I submit to You, I can see all of the selfish things I do." I wish I could take that song and blanket the U.S. with it. We all need to hear it so much. We take part in selfish, destructive behaviors that ruin relationships and cause lives to implode, yet we can't see that the solution is to let Christ become greater in our lives and let ourselves become less. Even when we do realize that, it's easy to say and hard to do. Okay...I've run out of thoughts for now.


"Further from my future
Further from my past
Further from the starting line
Further from the last
Further from my doubts
 Further from my fears
Further from temptations that I faced
Throughout my years
Further from agitation
Further from distraction
The reaction of dissatisfaction of others' actions
Further from myself
Further from my flesh
Further from my birth
And I'm further from my death

I'm further
Further from myself
When I'm next to You
When I run to You."




No comments:

Post a Comment