Monday, July 26, 2010

Corners of my mind

Do you ever have something really big that you're just dying to tell someone, but you can't? I'm totally having one of those weeks. Well, one of those months really. I'm definitely not the type of person who can handle keeping anything on the down low. When Andrew plotted with me to surprise Sunny with an early return to Oklahoma, I nearly died. I successfully kept the secret, but good grief was it hard!

This time around I'm not really keeping other people's secrets, just something that affects my future. No biggie, right? Quite the opposite! Okay, okay, don't freak out and think something bad is about to happen. I'm actually really excited and I can't wait to see how the next few months go.

In other news, I'm feeling incredibly bogged down by all the stuff I need to get done. My to do list seems to continually get longer, and I'm not checking off enough tasks to balance it out. My mind is on a never-ending roller coaster. In an effort to ignore the roller coaster, I've been listening to a whole lot of A Skylit Drive and Blessthefall lately. Somehow I feel calmer when I'm blasting some crazy music. It drowns out the noise in my mind. That's funny...I drown out one kind of noise with another. That probably qualifies me as some sort of crazy. My life is never quiet.

I've also developed my own personal brand of sleeping disorder in recent times that resembles a reverse version of the insomnia I had back in the day. Instead of being unable to go to sleep, I wake up early in the morning and can't go back to sleep since my mind is racing ninety to nothing. It's quite annoying, actually.


Here's to hoping life goes back to normal soon...or as normal as life gets for a weirdy like me. In the meantime, I'll be singing random ASD lyrics.


"The city only breathes through you, and all the cracks that you've fallen through."

1 comment:

  1. eek! praying for you Laura :) I can sympathize with you about waking up with thoughts racing and not letting you get back to sleep..

    ReplyDelete