Friday, June 8, 2012

An update from the life of LL

Sorry I've been somewhat MIA lately! The past few weeks have been hectic. Actually, crazy is a good word to describe it as well.

At the end of last month, I lost my job, along with at least 24 of my fellow employees. It's a long story that won't all be recounted here, but it's a doozy. To boil it down a bit - it started with some huge company changes that meant most of us would lose our jobs anyway, got muddled by extremely poor executive communication, got inflamed by an enraged company president who just flat didn't want to let us know the truth, and ended with a large number of "random" firings as a "punishment" for those who wanted to know what was going on. If that doesn't make sense to you...don't worry. It doesn't make sense to me either.

I'm upset that I didn't deserve to lose my job, but more than anything I have this sense of relief that I no longer work there. I can actually sleep at night now. It's amazing. I think it's equally amazing how people band together in these situations. A lot of us have grown much closer, and so many people are helping me find a new job. God is doing great things in my life.

I may find a job soon, or it may be a while. Either way, God is taking care of my family, and I'm getting to spend all my hours with Shaun and Kellen, which is just perfect.

So...thank you to everyone praying for me, please continue to do so. Thanks to everyone who's given me job leads, and if anyone else has anything please let me know! And last on my thank you list for now - thanks to everyone who's bought and IFYL shirt lately. You're really helping us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment