Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First trimester: new habits!

As an 11 week pregnant lady, things are a-changin'! I've started a list of what's currently going on with me about one million times, but then in my usually sleepy state I'll discard it and have to start all over the next day. So here's what I've got so far! I bet I've left out quite a bit:

Naps occur frequently nowadays. If Shaun doesn't wake me up, I'll sleep for four hours, wake up for a snack, then go to bed at 9:30. I'm basically a hibernating bear.

I've found myself craving things I didn't even like previously. Namely, chicken pot pie. I find myself thinking about it all the time. At work, in the car, while drifting off to sleep...chicken pot pie is taking over my world.

*Note* I finally got my chicken pot pie last night...and found I couldn't eat more than like 1/16th of it. I don't know why my stomach waits until I get something I really really want to eat then ruins it for me.

I've also found myself craving things that really weren't high on my priority list before now. Here I speak of fair food! Thankfully next month I'll get to go to the fair, the Tulsa Scottish Festival, and the OCCC Arts Festival, all of which are gloriously packed full of fair food. My tummy rejoices...I think.

My favorite perfume now makes me queasy. This is sad.

Since I let people know that I'm pregnant, all pregnant women in the world have decided they need to discuss what they have in common with me. I've been told their due dates, the gender of the baby, etc., and in the back of my mind I keep thinking "did I ask?"

I might also be slightly grouchy. I've been told I'll get over it.

1 comment:

  1. haha grouchy Laura is cute. that was my big question, too "did I ask you to tell me about you?" there were several things I wanted to tell everyone who was volunteering information, but I was somehow able to keep it to myself..sometimes.

    ReplyDelete