Friday, January 15, 2010

A reason to celebrate

I've always felt like that one weird kid on the outside edges of everything. That person always looking in the window. At school, church, dance, everything. I've never been at the heart of a group. Turns out I'm not the only one.

On Wednesday I got together with Justin, Jessica, and Steven to talk about starting a Bible study for college and post-college people looking for peers with whom they can grow in Christ and fellowship while we're at it. Some of us have felt like we're not part of the central group at our church and are looking for a group not only to call our own, but to open wide to any and all who wish to join. It's so exciting to know that while all four of us have come to this situation through very different walks, we're all in the same place and we're all willing to do something about it.

I'm looking forward to getting this started. I pray that this will be a great opportunity for those of us who began the Bible study as well as the post-college community around Yukon.

No comments:

Post a Comment